COVID-19 countermeasures (updated on Oct. 14, 2022)
IWGO 2022 will be held in a face-to-face format. To prevent the spread of the coronavirus, IWGO 2022 requires participants to accept the following regulations.
- Despite all reasonable precautions, IWGO 2022 cannot guarantee the participant’s safety from the risk of infection by COVID-19 or its variants. Ultimately, you are responsible for your own safety.
- Participation from outside Japan; Japanese government’s border control measures have been updated on October 11, 2022 as below.
- The Entrants, Returnees Follow-up Systems (ERFS) is no longer required when applying for a visa.
- “Short-Term Stay” visa exemption arrangements for nationals of countries listed on the website below was resumed.
- Those who have received at least three vaccine doses recognized as valid by the Japanese government are not required to take any of the “pre-departure COVID-19 test”, “on-arrival COVID-19 test” or “self-quarantine after entry into Japan”.
- Those who do not have a valid vaccination certificate are required to take a pre-departure COVID-19 test within 72 hours before departure and submit a negative certificate when boarding the airplane.
- Everyone must submit Questionnaire at Japanese quarantine. Please cooperate to use pre-application system “https://www.hco.mhlw.go.jp/en/#news” to submit it.
For more information, please visit the websites below.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Japan; New Border Measures to review on restrictions on new entry of foreign nationals: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page22e_000921.html
- Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay): https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/novisa.html
- The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan; Border measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/bordercontrol.html
- Questionnaire for Quarantine: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_questionnaire.html
- Participants residing in Japan must present their proof of COVID-19 vaccination (original or photo) and ID (original) or negative certificate of COVID-19 test (original or photo) and ID (original) at the reception desk at the venue. Note that your third (booster) vaccination must be at least two weeks prior to the first day of IWGO 2022, October 23, 2022. If providing results of COVID-19 test, you must show a negative result dated within 72 hours (no home test).
- If you are in contact with a person infected with COVID-19, or if you have any signs of illness, you should cancel participation.
- The following symptoms may result in denial of entry to the workshop venue: fever (37.5ºC or higher), persistent cough, nasal discharge/nasal congestion. If you experience any of the following symptoms during the workshop, you must notify us immediately: difficulty breathing, fatigue, sore throat, taste/smell disorder, joint/muscle pain, nausea, etc.
- Wear a mask at all times at the workshop venue to fully cover your nose and mouth. Acceptable masks consist of at least two layers of non-woven fabric or are for medical use.
- Sanitize hands frequently.
- Keep a physical distance 1.0 m from other participants.
2,837 total views, 6 views today